Report: Cardinals request permission to speak with Bruce Arians
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport reported the team has requested permission to speak with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
Arians, 60, spent just one season with the Colts, but prior to that he was the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Arians' initial season with the Colts was rather eventful, as not only did he tutor rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, but he was the team's interim head coach for 12 games while head coach Chuck Pagano recovered from leukemia. He guided the team to a 9-3 mark while in charge, and the Colts ultimately reached the playoffs.
Unfortunately for Arians, though, he missed the playoff game due to being hospitalized with a virus.
Rapaport has also reported the Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, and the team has already spoken with Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.