Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 9:56 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals, Bruce Arians had dinner Wednesday night
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Arians and the Cardinals had dinner and then continued talks about the coaching vacancy Thursday.
Colts OC Bruce Arians is having dinner in Arizona tonight with Cardinals officials and will continue interviewing with them Thursday.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 17, 2013
NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport was the first to report Wednesday that Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who was a finalist for the Chicago Bears opening that has since been filled by Marc Trestman, would visit with Arizona on Thursday.
Arians was the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator this past season, though he was the team's head coach for 12 games while Chuck Pagano was battling leukemia. The Colts went 9-3 under Arians.
Before this season, though, Arians was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now 60, he helped the team reach two Super Bowls -- winning one -- and was a favorite of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Arians will follow Ray Horton, Jay Gruden, Todd Haley and Darrell Bevell as candidates who have interviewed with the team in the Valley.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?