Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 12:22 pm
Ken Whisenhunt headed to San Diego
Former Cardinals HC Ken Whisenhunt will become offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 17, 2013
Whisenhunt was considered for several head coaching openings, including San Diego's, but the Chargers opted to hire Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for the post.
Whisenhunt spent six season as head coach in Arizona, leading the team to their only Super Bowl appearance following the 2008 season. With a record of 45-51, he is the winningest coach in Cardinals history.
Before becoming Arizona's head coach, Whisenhunt spent two seasons as the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator, helping the team to a victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.
He takes over a San Diego offense that ranked 31st in total offense (297.3 yards per game) in 2012. The only team that finished lower than the Chargers was Arizona (263.1 yards per game).
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.
- Paulie Pigskin Report - Sunday December 1Paul Calvisi catches up with AZ Cardinals LB Jasper Brinkley.