Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 8:31 pm
Report: Ray Horton is out as Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator
Although Horton previously worked for six seasons (2004-2010) in Pittsburgh with Bruce Arians, the new Cardinals head coach will reportedly not be retaining him on his staff.
I'm told Ray Horton is out as Cardinals defensive coordinator and will be replaced by Todd Bowles. Source who knows. Bad vibes all around.— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) January 18, 2013
On Wednesday, ArizonaSports.com had heard that would be the case, but has not yet confirmed Silver's report.
Bowles, who will reportedly be replacing Horton, played eight seasons (1986-1993) in the NFL as a safety for the Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers.
He has served as an NFL assistant with six different franchises since 1995, and most recently was the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
Bowles worked with Arians when the two were together with the Cleveland Browns from 2001-2003.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.