Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 8:31 pm
Report: Ray Horton is out as Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator
Although Horton previously worked for six seasons (2004-2010) in Pittsburgh with Bruce Arians, the new Cardinals head coach will reportedly not be retaining him on his staff.
I'm told Ray Horton is out as Cardinals defensive coordinator and will be replaced by Todd Bowles. Source who knows. Bad vibes all around.— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) January 18, 2013
On Wednesday, ArizonaSports.com had heard that would be the case, but has not yet confirmed Silver's report.
Bowles, who will reportedly be replacing Horton, played eight seasons (1986-1993) in the NFL as a safety for the Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers.
He has served as an NFL assistant with six different franchises since 1995, and most recently was the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
Bowles worked with Arians when the two were together with the Cleveland Browns from 2001-2003.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.