Ray Horton released from contract by Arizona Cardinals
With the announcement of Bruce Arians becoming the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals it was expected Ray Horton would not be retained as defensive coordinator.
The expectation became a reality on Friday for Horton, who had one year left on his contract.
Ray Horton has officially been released from his contract. He was told that Bruce Arians wanted Todd Bowles.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 18, 2013
Horton may now explore other opportunities. Thursday when the Arians news broke it was speculated he would end up in Cleveland.
Arians' introductory press conference is slated for Friday afternoon and he is expected to hire Todd Bowles as his defensive coordinator.
Horton was with the team for two seasons.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.