Ray Horton released from contract by Arizona Cardinals
With the announcement of Bruce Arians becoming the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals it was expected Ray Horton would not be retained as defensive coordinator.
The expectation became a reality on Friday for Horton, who had one year left on his contract.
Ray Horton has officially been released from his contract. He was told that Bruce Arians wanted Todd Bowles.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 18, 2013
Horton may now explore other opportunities. Thursday when the Arians news broke it was speculated he would end up in Cleveland.
Arians' introductory press conference is slated for Friday afternoon and he is expected to hire Todd Bowles as his defensive coordinator.
Horton was with the team for two seasons.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.