Ray Horton released from contract by Arizona Cardinals
With the announcement of Bruce Arians becoming the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals it was expected Ray Horton would not be retained as defensive coordinator.
The expectation became a reality on Friday for Horton, who had one year left on his contract.
Ray Horton has officially been released from his contract. He was told that Bruce Arians wanted Todd Bowles.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 18, 2013
Horton may now explore other opportunities. Thursday when the Arians news broke it was speculated he would end up in Cleveland.
Arians' introductory press conference is slated for Friday afternoon and he is expected to hire Todd Bowles as his defensive coordinator.
Horton was with the team for two seasons.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.