Updated Jan 18, 2013 - 1:59 pm
Arizona's next DC? Todd Bowles released from Eagles contract
The Arizona Cardinals, who hired Bruce Arians as head coach seemingly at the expense of defensive coordinator Ray Horton, will need to replace the architect of their defense.
The name linked to Arizona has been that of Todd Bowles, who finished last season as the defensive coordinator in Philadelphia.
He's now available to the Cardinals, according to USA Today NFL writer Mike Garafolo.
It's official: Todd Bowles has been released from his contract by the Eagles. Next stop, Arizona.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 18, 2013
Bowles, 49, has spent time with the Dolphins, Cowboys, Browns and Jets as an assistant, but got his first taste of being a coordinator last season when he replaced Juan Castillo during the 2012 season.
The Eagles defense did not improve under Bowles, however, ultimately finishing 15th in total defense while giving up nearly 28 points per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.