Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 4:27 pm
Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington will play for NFC in the Pro Bowl
While fans in the Valley had to watch NFC West rival San Francisco celebrate a conference championship and a berth in Super Bowl XLVII, the result means Daryl Washington will be headed to Hawaii.
The Cardinals linebacker was voted as an NFC alternate back in December, but because starters NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis are headed to New Orleans to represent the conference on February 3, Washington will get a chance to showcase his talents in Honolulu alongside teammate Patrick Peterson.
In 2012, Washington led Arizona in sacks (9) and total tackles (134). It's quite a coup for the former second-round pick out of TCU, after all he just completed his third season in the NFL.
Not a bad way to end it.
The Pro Bowl Game will take place on January 29 and can be seen on NBC at 5 p.m. MST.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.