Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 4:27 pm
Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington will play for NFC in the Pro Bowl
While fans in the Valley had to watch NFC West rival San Francisco celebrate a conference championship and a berth in Super Bowl XLVII, the result means Daryl Washington will be headed to Hawaii.
The Cardinals linebacker was voted as an NFC alternate back in December, but because starters NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis are headed to New Orleans to represent the conference on February 3, Washington will get a chance to showcase his talents in Honolulu alongside teammate Patrick Peterson.
In 2012, Washington led Arizona in sacks (9) and total tackles (134). It's quite a coup for the former second-round pick out of TCU, after all he just completed his third season in the NFL.
Not a bad way to end it.
The Pro Bowl Game will take place on January 29 and can be seen on NBC at 5 p.m. MST.
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves