Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 4:27 pm
Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington will play for NFC in the Pro Bowl
While fans in the Valley had to watch NFC West rival San Francisco celebrate a conference championship and a berth in Super Bowl XLVII, the result means Daryl Washington will be headed to Hawaii.
The Cardinals linebacker was voted as an NFC alternate back in December, but because starters NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis are headed to New Orleans to represent the conference on February 3, Washington will get a chance to showcase his talents in Honolulu alongside teammate Patrick Peterson.
In 2012, Washington led Arizona in sacks (9) and total tackles (134). It's quite a coup for the former second-round pick out of TCU, after all he just completed his third season in the NFL.
Not a bad way to end it.
The Pro Bowl Game will take place on January 29 and can be seen on NBC at 5 p.m. MST.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.