NFL analyst: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore good hires for Arizona Cardinals
Bruce Arians was brought on as the new Arizona Cardinals head coach because of his leadership, quarterback prowess and ability to get the most out of the talent on his roster.
One FOX NFL analyst believes the Cardinals' decision to bring Arians into the fold was a smart move, and one that should pay dividends going forward.
"I think it's good. I really do," Daryl Johnston told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Monday. "You're talking about a guy who had a big impact on what Indianapolis did in his time there. I know that Peyton Manning has the utmost respect for him. I think it's a good move."
With the addition of Arians came a bounty of changes to the Cardinals' coaching staff. The team supported Arians' decision to choose his own staff, which has begun to take shape with the official hirings of three assistant coaches.
Arians hired Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator, Harold Goodwin as offensive coordinator and Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offensive coordinator.
Johnston trusts Arians brought the right personnel in, especially on the offensive side, to help the Cardinals rectify some troublesome areas from a disappointing 2012 campaign.
"I think that Bruce Arians has done a tremendous job for some very, very difficult circumstances in Indianapolis this year filling in for coach Pagano," Johnston said. "I think [the Cardinals] got a good one. You're building a good foundation out there. You got to get a couple of positions sorted out, get the guys headed in the right direction but I think Tom Moore will be one of those guys if it helps facilitate that transition."
The 74-year-old Moore has a bevy of experience, beginning his career as an NFL assistant in 1977. He also served as the offensive coordinator for the Colts in 1998-2000 when Arians was the team's quarterback coach.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.