NFL analyst: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore good hires for Arizona Cardinals
Bruce Arians was brought on as the new Arizona Cardinals head coach because of his leadership, quarterback prowess and ability to get the most out of the talent on his roster.
One FOX NFL analyst believes the Cardinals' decision to bring Arians into the fold was a smart move, and one that should pay dividends going forward.
"I think it's good. I really do," Daryl Johnston told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Monday. "You're talking about a guy who had a big impact on what Indianapolis did in his time there. I know that Peyton Manning has the utmost respect for him. I think it's a good move."
With the addition of Arians came a bounty of changes to the Cardinals' coaching staff. The team supported Arians' decision to choose his own staff, which has begun to take shape with the official hirings of three assistant coaches.
Arians hired Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator, Harold Goodwin as offensive coordinator and Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offensive coordinator.
Johnston trusts Arians brought the right personnel in, especially on the offensive side, to help the Cardinals rectify some troublesome areas from a disappointing 2012 campaign.
"I think that Bruce Arians has done a tremendous job for some very, very difficult circumstances in Indianapolis this year filling in for coach Pagano," Johnston said. "I think [the Cardinals] got a good one. You're building a good foundation out there. You got to get a couple of positions sorted out, get the guys headed in the right direction but I think Tom Moore will be one of those guys if it helps facilitate that transition."
The 74-year-old Moore has a bevy of experience, beginning his career as an NFL assistant in 1977. He also served as the offensive coordinator for the Colts in 1998-2000 when Arians was the team's quarterback coach.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.