Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 5:43 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals 'ought to be put in jail' for hire of Tom Moore
A former personnel man in the league who is now an analyst for NFL.com, he is respected when it comes to his thoughts on the league.
So his thoughts on what the Cardinals have done lately -- specifically the hire of Bruce Arians as head coach and then Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense -- should make one take notice.
"Well they ought to be put in jail for stealing, to get Tom Moore," Brandt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "Tom Moore is one of the all-time great people and one of the really all-time great coaches, as far as I'm concerned."
Moore, 74, brings a wealth of experience with him to the desert, including time as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis when the Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006.
"I think that's a great hire," Brandt added, before turning his attention to Arians, who is tasked with turning around a team that went 5-11 last season and had the second-worst scoring offense in the NFL and the worst in terms of yardage.
"I thought Arians did a great job this year," Brandt said of his time as interim head coach and offensive coordinator in Indianapolis. Arians got the job when head coach Chuck Pagano had to leave the team due to leukemia, and compiled a 9-3 record while he was at the helm. "They scored 40 less points than their opponents and won 11 games. They had a big deficit in turnovers, they won 11 games. They had a big deficit in sack differential and won games.
"So he must have done something right."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?