Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 5:43 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals 'ought to be put in jail' for hire of Tom Moore
A former personnel man in the league who is now an analyst for NFL.com, he is respected when it comes to his thoughts on the league.
So his thoughts on what the Cardinals have done lately -- specifically the hire of Bruce Arians as head coach and then Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense -- should make one take notice.
"Well they ought to be put in jail for stealing, to get Tom Moore," Brandt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "Tom Moore is one of the all-time great people and one of the really all-time great coaches, as far as I'm concerned."
Moore, 74, brings a wealth of experience with him to the desert, including time as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis when the Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006.
"I think that's a great hire," Brandt added, before turning his attention to Arians, who is tasked with turning around a team that went 5-11 last season and had the second-worst scoring offense in the NFL and the worst in terms of yardage.
"I thought Arians did a great job this year," Brandt said of his time as interim head coach and offensive coordinator in Indianapolis. Arians got the job when head coach Chuck Pagano had to leave the team due to leukemia, and compiled a 9-3 record while he was at the helm. "They scored 40 less points than their opponents and won 11 games. They had a big deficit in turnovers, they won 11 games. They had a big deficit in sack differential and won games.
"So he must have done something right."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b