Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 4:42 pm
ESPN insider: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore will get most out of Cardinals QBs
However, one place there seems to be a consensus is with the hire of Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense.
Moore, 74, comes to the team with a wealth of experience and credibility, and according to ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, the Cardinals did good to land him.
"Love it, absolutely love it," Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Tom's one of the great guys in sports."
Moore has been coaching since 1961, having spent time at both the collegiate and pro level. He most recently spent time as an offensive consultant with the Tennessee Titans and New York Jets, and before that was with the Indianapolis Colts.
Clayton believes he'll be very helpful to an Arizona offense that struggled mightily last season.
"What's nice about Tom Moore, he knows how to simplify the game for a quarterback," Clayton said. "Just to come in as a consultant, I think it works out fine."
Moore -- and Bruce Arians, who is the head coach -- will have to get the most out of a team with an uncertain situation at quarterback. Whether the Cardinals go with Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, Brian Hoyer, a draft pick or a free agent, improved play is a must.
Clayton thinks the team has the right people in place for the job.
"This is not going to be in the Todd Haley, we're going to be yelling every three or four seconds," Clayton said. "He's going to be supportive, they're going to be smart.
"And I think no matter who the quarterback is, they'll get the most out of him."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.