Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 4:42 pm
ESPN insider: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore will get most out of Cardinals QBs
However, one place there seems to be a consensus is with the hire of Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense.
Moore, 74, comes to the team with a wealth of experience and credibility, and according to ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, the Cardinals did good to land him.
"Love it, absolutely love it," Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Tom's one of the great guys in sports."
Moore has been coaching since 1961, having spent time at both the collegiate and pro level. He most recently spent time as an offensive consultant with the Tennessee Titans and New York Jets, and before that was with the Indianapolis Colts.
Clayton believes he'll be very helpful to an Arizona offense that struggled mightily last season.
"What's nice about Tom Moore, he knows how to simplify the game for a quarterback," Clayton said. "Just to come in as a consultant, I think it works out fine."
Moore -- and Bruce Arians, who is the head coach -- will have to get the most out of a team with an uncertain situation at quarterback. Whether the Cardinals go with Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, Brian Hoyer, a draft pick or a free agent, improved play is a must.
Clayton thinks the team has the right people in place for the job.
"This is not going to be in the Todd Haley, we're going to be yelling every three or four seconds," Clayton said. "He's going to be supportive, they're going to be smart.
"And I think no matter who the quarterback is, they'll get the most out of him."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.