Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 4:42 pm
ESPN insider: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore will get most out of Cardinals QBs
However, one place there seems to be a consensus is with the hire of Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense.
Moore, 74, comes to the team with a wealth of experience and credibility, and according to ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, the Cardinals did good to land him.
"Love it, absolutely love it," Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Tom's one of the great guys in sports."
Moore has been coaching since 1961, having spent time at both the collegiate and pro level. He most recently spent time as an offensive consultant with the Tennessee Titans and New York Jets, and before that was with the Indianapolis Colts.
Clayton believes he'll be very helpful to an Arizona offense that struggled mightily last season.
"What's nice about Tom Moore, he knows how to simplify the game for a quarterback," Clayton said. "Just to come in as a consultant, I think it works out fine."
Moore -- and Bruce Arians, who is the head coach -- will have to get the most out of a team with an uncertain situation at quarterback. Whether the Cardinals go with Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, Brian Hoyer, a draft pick or a free agent, improved play is a must.
Clayton thinks the team has the right people in place for the job.
"This is not going to be in the Todd Haley, we're going to be yelling every three or four seconds," Clayton said. "He's going to be supportive, they're going to be smart.
"And I think no matter who the quarterback is, they'll get the most out of him."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves