Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 4:42 pm
ESPN insider: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore will get most out of Cardinals QBs
However, one place there seems to be a consensus is with the hire of Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense.
Moore, 74, comes to the team with a wealth of experience and credibility, and according to ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, the Cardinals did good to land him.
"Love it, absolutely love it," Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Tom's one of the great guys in sports."
Moore has been coaching since 1961, having spent time at both the collegiate and pro level. He most recently spent time as an offensive consultant with the Tennessee Titans and New York Jets, and before that was with the Indianapolis Colts.
Clayton believes he'll be very helpful to an Arizona offense that struggled mightily last season.
"What's nice about Tom Moore, he knows how to simplify the game for a quarterback," Clayton said. "Just to come in as a consultant, I think it works out fine."
Moore -- and Bruce Arians, who is the head coach -- will have to get the most out of a team with an uncertain situation at quarterback. Whether the Cardinals go with Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, Brian Hoyer, a draft pick or a free agent, improved play is a must.
Clayton thinks the team has the right people in place for the job.
"This is not going to be in the Todd Haley, we're going to be yelling every three or four seconds," Clayton said. "He's going to be supportive, they're going to be smart.
"And I think no matter who the quarterback is, they'll get the most out of him."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?