Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 2:41 pm
Report: Cardinals add James Bettcher to coaching staff
Bettcher worked closely with new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, who was the offensive coordinator and interim head coach in Indianapolis last season.
Prior to his 2012 season with the Colts, Bettcher was the linebackers coach for NCAA D-I FCS New Hampshire Wildcats. In 2011, he served as the defensive ends coach for the Ball State Cardinals. From 2007 to 2009, the North Carolina Tar Heels had Bettcher on staff as a defensive graduate assistant, following a year at the same position for Bowling Green in 2006.
Bettcher's playing career consisted of four years with NCAA D-I FCS St. Francis as a defensive end. He was hired as a special teams coordinator with the Red Flash following his four years as an athlete.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?