Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 3:54 pm
ESPN analyst Jaworski praises Cardinals' new coaching staff
Bruce Arians replaced Ken Whisenhunt as the team's head coach, a move ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski has touted.
Jaworski, who played with the Chiefs in 1989 while Arians was the team's running backs coach, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo it was a tremendous hire by the Cardinals and he was hoping Arians would get the job.
"I think clearly he's going to bring some innovative ideas to the Cardinals," Jaworski said. "But even above and beyond that, Bruce is really a good guy, he's an organized guy, he understands the discipline it takes to be successful, he's been with great organizations so he knows how great organizations get it done, so Bruce brings a lot to the plate."
Beside Arians came two familiar names looking bolster the coaching staff with their expertise.
Tom Moore, 74, will serve as assistant head coach/offense. He brings 34 years of experience as a coach in the NFL, with 12 of them as offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts during the Peyton Manning era.
"How can you not love Tom Moore," Jaworski said. "That acquisition, you talk about a guy who understands the quarterback position as well as anyone. With Tom, it's not going to be a complex sophisticated offense; it's going to be a very efficient offense."
Jaworski believes Moore's offensive scheme will help solve the Cardinals' quarterback woes from the past season.
"Quarterbacks play well for Tom Moore," he said. "If I'm a QB in Arizona right now, I am thrilled that Tom Moore is on board."
The club's hire of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles also received praise from Jaworski.
"Todd is tough, that defense will be tough, it's something he preaches," he said. "He'll come in and do a fantastic job with that defense.
"I really think this is going to be a terrific staff, he's got nothing but quality coaches with outstanding experience and these guys all know how to coach."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!