Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 3:54 pm
ESPN analyst Jaworski praises Cardinals' new coaching staff
Bruce Arians replaced Ken Whisenhunt as the team's head coach, a move ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski has touted.
Jaworski, who played with the Chiefs in 1989 while Arians was the team's running backs coach, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo it was a tremendous hire by the Cardinals and he was hoping Arians would get the job.
"I think clearly he's going to bring some innovative ideas to the Cardinals," Jaworski said. "But even above and beyond that, Bruce is really a good guy, he's an organized guy, he understands the discipline it takes to be successful, he's been with great organizations so he knows how great organizations get it done, so Bruce brings a lot to the plate."
Beside Arians came two familiar names looking bolster the coaching staff with their expertise.
Tom Moore, 74, will serve as assistant head coach/offense. He brings 34 years of experience as a coach in the NFL, with 12 of them as offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts during the Peyton Manning era.
"How can you not love Tom Moore," Jaworski said. "That acquisition, you talk about a guy who understands the quarterback position as well as anyone. With Tom, it's not going to be a complex sophisticated offense; it's going to be a very efficient offense."
Jaworski believes Moore's offensive scheme will help solve the Cardinals' quarterback woes from the past season.
"Quarterbacks play well for Tom Moore," he said. "If I'm a QB in Arizona right now, I am thrilled that Tom Moore is on board."
The club's hire of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles also received praise from Jaworski.
"Todd is tough, that defense will be tough, it's something he preaches," he said. "He'll come in and do a fantastic job with that defense.
"I really think this is going to be a terrific staff, he's got nothing but quality coaches with outstanding experience and these guys all know how to coach."
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.