Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 6:57 am
Report: Bruce Arians to hire Amos Jones to be Cardinals special teams coach
This weekend, Arians reportedly added to that staff by hiring former colleague Amos Jones as the team's new special teams coordinator.
Jones, previously worked for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was hired by Mike Tomlin in 2007 to be the assistant special teams coach. Over the past two seasons, Jones assumed all special teams duties for the team.
Arians and Jones worked together in Pittsburgh from 2007-11, but first met as members of Bear Bryant's staff at Alabama in 1981-82.
Before being hired in 2007 by the Steelers, Jones worked extensively in college football as an assistant at Alabama, Cincinnati, James Madison, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh and Temple.
The Cardinals former special teams coach, Kevin Spencer, left the organization earlier this month to assume the same role with the San Diego Chargers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.