Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 3:36 pm
Patrick Peterson mentors former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu
The LSU Tiger defensive back registered 76 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and intercepted two passes. But he also showed a nose for the end zone -- scoring four touchdowns on punt returns and fumble returns for the BCS runner up. He won the Bednarik Award as the nation's best defensive player and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.
In 2012, Mathieu made headlines off the football field. LSU head coach Les Miles suspended the junior-to-be for a violation of team rules. Rumors floated that Mathieu would transfer to another school to continue his collegiate football career, but he did not. Mathieu was arrested for possession of marijuana last October.
Mathieu opted to make himself eligible for the NFL Draft, and is in Arizona training for the event with a former college teammate -- two-time Cardinals Pro Bowler Patrick Peterson.
Yahoo! Sports chronicled the work Peterson is doing with Mathieu for a video called "Outside the Game."
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.