Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 3:36 pm
Patrick Peterson mentors former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu
The LSU Tiger defensive back registered 76 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and intercepted two passes. But he also showed a nose for the end zone -- scoring four touchdowns on punt returns and fumble returns for the BCS runner up. He won the Bednarik Award as the nation's best defensive player and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.
In 2012, Mathieu made headlines off the football field. LSU head coach Les Miles suspended the junior-to-be for a violation of team rules. Rumors floated that Mathieu would transfer to another school to continue his collegiate football career, but he did not. Mathieu was arrested for possession of marijuana last October.
Mathieu opted to make himself eligible for the NFL Draft, and is in Arizona training for the event with a former college teammate -- two-time Cardinals Pro Bowler Patrick Peterson.
Yahoo! Sports chronicled the work Peterson is doing with Mathieu for a video called "Outside the Game."
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?