Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 6:03 pm
Former Cardinal Warner feels good about team's new coaches
So, it should come as no surprise that he was disappointed to see the team part ways with the only coach to lead the franchise to the Super Bowl.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Warner said "even great coaches get fired", and understands why the team made the move: instability at the quarterback situation.
So, while Warner feels like Whisenhunt will be back as a head coach real soon, he believes the Cardinals did well with the man they found to replace him.
"All I know of Coach Arians, coming into this thing, was having played against him and what he brought to the table and how he had worked with other young quarterbacks," Warner said of the head coach. He then turned his attention to assistant head coach/offense Tom Moore. "I know Tom a little bit more than I do Coach Arians."
Warner said Moore's track record is well-known, and the fact that both Arians and Moore have had success with young quarterbacks bodes well for the Cardinals.
"I had a chance to talk to Coach Arians a little bit down in New Orleans and get a sense of his excitement for this job and what he brings to the table," he added.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.