Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 6:03 pm
Former Cardinal Warner feels good about team's new coaches
So, it should come as no surprise that he was disappointed to see the team part ways with the only coach to lead the franchise to the Super Bowl.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Warner said "even great coaches get fired", and understands why the team made the move: instability at the quarterback situation.
So, while Warner feels like Whisenhunt will be back as a head coach real soon, he believes the Cardinals did well with the man they found to replace him.
"All I know of Coach Arians, coming into this thing, was having played against him and what he brought to the table and how he had worked with other young quarterbacks," Warner said of the head coach. He then turned his attention to assistant head coach/offense Tom Moore. "I know Tom a little bit more than I do Coach Arians."
Warner said Moore's track record is well-known, and the fact that both Arians and Moore have had success with young quarterbacks bodes well for the Cardinals.
"I had a chance to talk to Coach Arians a little bit down in New Orleans and get a sense of his excitement for this job and what he brings to the table," he added.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.