Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 3:14 pm
'Door number two' still an option as Cardinals coach Arians looks for a QB
"Nothing has changed on my comments on quarterbacks since the last time we talked," he said. "We are presently evaluating, now that we have the staff together, everyone that's on the Cardinals team. Practice squad and everybody that played last year, guys that are on IR and we're all pleasantly pleased at what we're seeing."
Arians can't blame the media or the fans for wanting an answer to the question of the revolving quarterback. Last year the team used four different QBs in the span of 16 regular season games.
"The quarterback situation will take some time. I like what we've got and what we have will be better," Arians added. "If there's a better option behind door number two, Steve (Keim) and Jason (Licht) will search it out for us and will look at that option also and see if that's better for the Cardinals."
Arians also said that some of the offensive woes last season were due to injuries, and he's partially right. Both Kevin Kolb and John Skelton missed significant time, and that could have contributed to the dead last offensive ranking.
"There's nowhere to go but up," Arians said. "I guarantee you we won't be there this year and I think injuries played a big part of that."
Arizona averaged just 263 yards of total offense per game, including 75 yards on the ground and 188 in the air. The team scored an average of 15.6 points per game.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 620
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.