Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 3:14 pm
'Door number two' still an option as Cardinals coach Arians looks for a QB
"Nothing has changed on my comments on quarterbacks since the last time we talked," he said. "We are presently evaluating, now that we have the staff together, everyone that's on the Cardinals team. Practice squad and everybody that played last year, guys that are on IR and we're all pleasantly pleased at what we're seeing."
Arians can't blame the media or the fans for wanting an answer to the question of the revolving quarterback. Last year the team used four different QBs in the span of 16 regular season games.
"The quarterback situation will take some time. I like what we've got and what we have will be better," Arians added. "If there's a better option behind door number two, Steve (Keim) and Jason (Licht) will search it out for us and will look at that option also and see if that's better for the Cardinals."
Arians also said that some of the offensive woes last season were due to injuries, and he's partially right. Both Kevin Kolb and John Skelton missed significant time, and that could have contributed to the dead last offensive ranking.
"There's nowhere to go but up," Arians said. "I guarantee you we won't be there this year and I think injuries played a big part of that."
Arizona averaged just 263 yards of total offense per game, including 75 yards on the ground and 188 in the air. The team scored an average of 15.6 points per game.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?