Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 3:14 pm
'Door number two' still an option as Cardinals coach Arians looks for a QB
"Nothing has changed on my comments on quarterbacks since the last time we talked," he said. "We are presently evaluating, now that we have the staff together, everyone that's on the Cardinals team. Practice squad and everybody that played last year, guys that are on IR and we're all pleasantly pleased at what we're seeing."
Arians can't blame the media or the fans for wanting an answer to the question of the revolving quarterback. Last year the team used four different QBs in the span of 16 regular season games.
"The quarterback situation will take some time. I like what we've got and what we have will be better," Arians added. "If there's a better option behind door number two, Steve (Keim) and Jason (Licht) will search it out for us and will look at that option also and see if that's better for the Cardinals."
Arians also said that some of the offensive woes last season were due to injuries, and he's partially right. Both Kevin Kolb and John Skelton missed significant time, and that could have contributed to the dead last offensive ranking.
"There's nowhere to go but up," Arians said. "I guarantee you we won't be there this year and I think injuries played a big part of that."
Arizona averaged just 263 yards of total offense per game, including 75 yards on the ground and 188 in the air. The team scored an average of 15.6 points per game.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.