Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 11:46 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in Drew Stanton
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians may have a familiar face joining him in the desert.
According to nationalfootballpost.com, Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton could be headed to Arizona.
Arians was impressed with how Stanton performed in preseason and practiced all season with the Colts, and he needs a quarterback.
Stanton should garner interest by teams as a backup this offseason but his familiarity with Arians and offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin could make the Cardinals a frontrunner.
The 28-year-old signal caller could also compete for the starting job in Arizona, which could make the Cardinals an attractive option.
Previously, Stanton spent four season backing up Matthew Stafford in Detroit.
For his career, Stanton has thrown five touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started four games and has posted a 2-2 record.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves