Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 11:46 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in Drew Stanton
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians may have a familiar face joining him in the desert.
According to nationalfootballpost.com, Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton could be headed to Arizona.
Arians was impressed with how Stanton performed in preseason and practiced all season with the Colts, and he needs a quarterback.
Stanton should garner interest by teams as a backup this offseason but his familiarity with Arians and offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin could make the Cardinals a frontrunner.
The 28-year-old signal caller could also compete for the starting job in Arizona, which could make the Cardinals an attractive option.
Previously, Stanton spent four season backing up Matthew Stafford in Detroit.
For his career, Stanton has thrown five touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started four games and has posted a 2-2 record.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Ellington most likely to be face of franchise among Valley's young talent
- NFL.com: Ellington could 'make the leap' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu says recovery is going well
- NFL.com's Brooks: Larry Fitzgerald still has the best hands in the NFL
- Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu replies candidly to Twitter comment about him, Josh Gordon
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday June 18Kurt Warner appears headed for the Cardinals' Ring of Honor.
- Warren Moon, Hall of Fame quarterback - Tuesday June 17Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon discusses the Marshawn Lynch situation.