Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 11:46 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in Drew Stanton
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians may have a familiar face joining him in the desert.
According to nationalfootballpost.com, Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton could be headed to Arizona.
Arians was impressed with how Stanton performed in preseason and practiced all season with the Colts, and he needs a quarterback.
Stanton should garner interest by teams as a backup this offseason but his familiarity with Arians and offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin could make the Cardinals a frontrunner.
The 28-year-old signal caller could also compete for the starting job in Arizona, which could make the Cardinals an attractive option.
Previously, Stanton spent four season backing up Matthew Stafford in Detroit.
For his career, Stanton has thrown five touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started four games and has posted a 2-2 record.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up