Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Michael Bidwill has been nothing but impressed with Bruce Arians
And in that time he's done nothing but impress team president Michael Bidwill.
"That experience counts," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf when asked what stands out most. "He is unbelievably passionate."
Bidwill was joining the show as part of "Newsmakers Week", and from the sound of it, has zero regrets about the man he chose to replace Ken Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals have gone 18-30 over the last three seasons, and Bidwill said the losing has been the most painful part of the team's recent history.
"It's incredibly frustrating," he said. "We had high expectations. We made a lot of changes. We invested in a lot of effort and trades and things along those lines, and to see that not pay off was really frustrating."
Bidwill said he knows the team's fans were frustrated too, but that his goal is to make sure the team gets back on track. That, to him, means being "a good football team," adding the coaching change doesn't do anything to change the expectations he has of his team going forward.
Provided the team can get past its biggest challenge, which Bidwill said is finding someone to lead the offense.
"In terms of quarterbacking and how's that going to come together," he said. "And then re-establishing this offense as one of the best in the league."
Bidwill believes Arians and his staff will be able to do that, noting that while the NFC West is one of the tougher divisions in football, "that's not going to stop us."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!