Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Michael Bidwill has been nothing but impressed with Bruce Arians
And in that time he's done nothing but impress team president Michael Bidwill.
"That experience counts," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf when asked what stands out most. "He is unbelievably passionate."
Bidwill was joining the show as part of "Newsmakers Week", and from the sound of it, has zero regrets about the man he chose to replace Ken Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals have gone 18-30 over the last three seasons, and Bidwill said the losing has been the most painful part of the team's recent history.
"It's incredibly frustrating," he said. "We had high expectations. We made a lot of changes. We invested in a lot of effort and trades and things along those lines, and to see that not pay off was really frustrating."
Bidwill said he knows the team's fans were frustrated too, but that his goal is to make sure the team gets back on track. That, to him, means being "a good football team," adding the coaching change doesn't do anything to change the expectations he has of his team going forward.
Provided the team can get past its biggest challenge, which Bidwill said is finding someone to lead the offense.
"In terms of quarterbacking and how's that going to come together," he said. "And then re-establishing this offense as one of the best in the league."
Bidwill believes Arians and his staff will be able to do that, noting that while the NFC West is one of the tougher divisions in football, "that's not going to stop us."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.