Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 8:42 am
Two Cardinals land on USA Today 'All-Joe Team'
USA Today released it's 21st annual All-Joe Team, a squad made up of hard workers that weren't selected to Pro Bowl teams. And the Arizona Cardinals, despite their 5-11 record, had two representatives on this year's All-Joe Team.
Defensive end Calais Campbell, who many feel should have received a Pro Bowl nod, landed on the All-Joe Team.
Says USA Today:
He's not quite J.J. Watt, but Campbell is the rare 3-4 defensive end who can wreck a game. He's averaged seven sacks over the past four seasons, and his 6-8 frame plays havoc with passers and kickers.
The other Cardinal honored was punter Dave Zastudil, who enjoyed a fantastic season for Arizona.
Dropped 46 punts inside opponents' 20-yard line, a new NFL record. Despite the horrid field position Arizona often had, Zastudil didn't merely bomb away and instead maintained an excellent net (41.4 yards) while forcing a league-high 36 fair catches. And he did a lot of work, his 112 punts 21 more than anyone else last season.
Former Sun Devil Vontaze Burfict of the Cincinnati Bengals, who went undrafted last year but worked his way into a starting spot, also landed All-Joe honors.
- Arizona Cardinals' K Jay Feely earns NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
- Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
- The Pulse: Antoine Cason the star of Cardinals' win over Titans
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 16
- Cardinals' GM Keim: Arians 'turns up the heat' on the offensive line
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers
- Impromtu Power Poll - Tuesday December 17NFL coaches in the hot seat.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday December 16Arians discusses the team's dramatic, overtime victory in Tennessee.
- Paul's Call - Monday December 16Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi!