Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 8:42 am
Two Cardinals land on USA Today 'All-Joe Team'
USA Today released it's 21st annual All-Joe Team, a squad made up of hard workers that weren't selected to Pro Bowl teams. And the Arizona Cardinals, despite their 5-11 record, had two representatives on this year's All-Joe Team.
Defensive end Calais Campbell, who many feel should have received a Pro Bowl nod, landed on the All-Joe Team.
Says USA Today:
He's not quite J.J. Watt, but Campbell is the rare 3-4 defensive end who can wreck a game. He's averaged seven sacks over the past four seasons, and his 6-8 frame plays havoc with passers and kickers.
The other Cardinal honored was punter Dave Zastudil, who enjoyed a fantastic season for Arizona.
Dropped 46 punts inside opponents' 20-yard line, a new NFL record. Despite the horrid field position Arizona often had, Zastudil didn't merely bomb away and instead maintained an excellent net (41.4 yards) while forcing a league-high 36 fair catches. And he did a lot of work, his 112 punts 21 more than anyone else last season.
Former Sun Devil Vontaze Burfict of the Cincinnati Bengals, who went undrafted last year but worked his way into a starting spot, also landed All-Joe honors.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves