Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 8:42 am
Two Cardinals land on USA Today 'All-Joe Team'
USA Today released it's 21st annual All-Joe Team, a squad made up of hard workers that weren't selected to Pro Bowl teams. And the Arizona Cardinals, despite their 5-11 record, had two representatives on this year's All-Joe Team.
Defensive end Calais Campbell, who many feel should have received a Pro Bowl nod, landed on the All-Joe Team.
Says USA Today:
He's not quite J.J. Watt, but Campbell is the rare 3-4 defensive end who can wreck a game. He's averaged seven sacks over the past four seasons, and his 6-8 frame plays havoc with passers and kickers.
The other Cardinal honored was punter Dave Zastudil, who enjoyed a fantastic season for Arizona.
Dropped 46 punts inside opponents' 20-yard line, a new NFL record. Despite the horrid field position Arizona often had, Zastudil didn't merely bomb away and instead maintained an excellent net (41.4 yards) while forcing a league-high 36 fair catches. And he did a lot of work, his 112 punts 21 more than anyone else last season.
Former Sun Devil Vontaze Burfict of the Cincinnati Bengals, who went undrafted last year but worked his way into a starting spot, also landed All-Joe honors.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday March 14Steve Smith sounds off
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday March 14How well have the Cardinals done in free agency?
- Karlos Dansby, Cleveland Browns linebacker - Wednesday March 12Cleveland Browns linebacker and former Arizona Cardinal Karlos Dansby discusses his signing with the
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Wednesday March 12Mark Schlereth of ESPN reacts to the early signings during NFL free agency.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.