Updated Feb 16, 2013 - 9:01 am
ProFootballTalk.com: Tim Tebow is an option for Cardinals
"They want Kevin Kolb to stick around but I think they have to look elsewhere," Florio said. "I actually heard at one point, that maybe, the Arizona Cardinals would be interested in Tim Tebow, that was last year."
It may have been last year, but Florio thinks Tebow should still remain an option for Bruce Arians and Co.
"We'll see what happens this year, whether he's in the mix," said Florio. "But I'll tell you Tim Tebow is better than any of the guys they have on their roster.
"I know a lot of people out there don't like Tim Tebow as a football player, but you let him do his thing and he could be good enough, better than what the Cardinals have had in recent years at the quarterback position. The quarterback position has been awful."
True, the Cardinals got miserable play from their QBs last season, but it's tough to see Tebow as the answer. His only season in the Big Apple saw him complete 6 of 8 passes for 39 yards, and when the Jets replaced Mark Sanchez at QB they turned to 2011 seventh round pick Greg McElroy.
For his career, Tebow has completed 47.9 percent of his passes for 2,422 yards and 17 touchdowns. He's been intercepted nine times and run for 989 yards and 12 scores.
And while he was recently in Arizona working out, it's quite frankly difficult to see the Cardinals, who are actually looking to find a good quarterback, choosing Tebow.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.