Updated Feb 16, 2013 - 9:01 am
ProFootballTalk.com: Tim Tebow is an option for Cardinals
"They want Kevin Kolb to stick around but I think they have to look elsewhere," Florio said. "I actually heard at one point, that maybe, the Arizona Cardinals would be interested in Tim Tebow, that was last year."
It may have been last year, but Florio thinks Tebow should still remain an option for Bruce Arians and Co.
"We'll see what happens this year, whether he's in the mix," said Florio. "But I'll tell you Tim Tebow is better than any of the guys they have on their roster.
"I know a lot of people out there don't like Tim Tebow as a football player, but you let him do his thing and he could be good enough, better than what the Cardinals have had in recent years at the quarterback position. The quarterback position has been awful."
True, the Cardinals got miserable play from their QBs last season, but it's tough to see Tebow as the answer. His only season in the Big Apple saw him complete 6 of 8 passes for 39 yards, and when the Jets replaced Mark Sanchez at QB they turned to 2011 seventh round pick Greg McElroy.
For his career, Tebow has completed 47.9 percent of his passes for 2,422 yards and 17 touchdowns. He's been intercepted nine times and run for 989 yards and 12 scores.
And while he was recently in Arizona working out, it's quite frankly difficult to see the Cardinals, who are actually looking to find a good quarterback, choosing Tebow.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.