Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Bill Polian: Cardinals won't find QB in free agency
The Cardinals started four different quarterbacks, gave up 58 sacks and were ranked last in the NFL in total rushing yards in 2012.
ESPN Insider and ex-NFL general manager Bill Polian pointed out obvious needs for Bruce Arians' team, but says one position may be irreparable in the open market.
Key need: QB
Quarterback is by far the most pressing need, but as with other teams on this list that lack a signal-caller, it doesn't look like it can be filled through free agency. Since that's the case, offensive line is the next area to explore on the free-agent market. The Cardinals gave up a league-high 58 sacks in 2012.
Polian's theory dismantles any speculation of the Cardinals reaching for San Francisco's Alex Smith, the Colts' Drew Stanton or even Tim Tebow, thus leaving Arizona with the NFL Draft, or what they've got in the bag.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up