Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Bill Polian: Cardinals won't find QB in free agency
The Cardinals started four different quarterbacks, gave up 58 sacks and were ranked last in the NFL in total rushing yards in 2012.
ESPN Insider and ex-NFL general manager Bill Polian pointed out obvious needs for Bruce Arians' team, but says one position may be irreparable in the open market.
Key need: QB
Quarterback is by far the most pressing need, but as with other teams on this list that lack a signal-caller, it doesn't look like it can be filled through free agency. Since that's the case, offensive line is the next area to explore on the free-agent market. The Cardinals gave up a league-high 58 sacks in 2012.
Polian's theory dismantles any speculation of the Cardinals reaching for San Francisco's Alex Smith, the Colts' Drew Stanton or even Tim Tebow, thus leaving Arizona with the NFL Draft, or what they've got in the bag.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.