Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Bill Polian: Cardinals won't find QB in free agency
The Cardinals started four different quarterbacks, gave up 58 sacks and were ranked last in the NFL in total rushing yards in 2012.
ESPN Insider and ex-NFL general manager Bill Polian pointed out obvious needs for Bruce Arians' team, but says one position may be irreparable in the open market.
Key need: QB
Quarterback is by far the most pressing need, but as with other teams on this list that lack a signal-caller, it doesn't look like it can be filled through free agency. Since that's the case, offensive line is the next area to explore on the free-agent market. The Cardinals gave up a league-high 58 sacks in 2012.
Polian's theory dismantles any speculation of the Cardinals reaching for San Francisco's Alex Smith, the Colts' Drew Stanton or even Tim Tebow, thus leaving Arizona with the NFL Draft, or what they've got in the bag.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.