Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Bill Polian: Cardinals won't find QB in free agency
The Cardinals started four different quarterbacks, gave up 58 sacks and were ranked last in the NFL in total rushing yards in 2012.
ESPN Insider and ex-NFL general manager Bill Polian pointed out obvious needs for Bruce Arians' team, but says one position may be irreparable in the open market.
Key need: QB
Quarterback is by far the most pressing need, but as with other teams on this list that lack a signal-caller, it doesn't look like it can be filled through free agency. Since that's the case, offensive line is the next area to explore on the free-agent market. The Cardinals gave up a league-high 58 sacks in 2012.
Polian's theory dismantles any speculation of the Cardinals reaching for San Francisco's Alex Smith, the Colts' Drew Stanton or even Tim Tebow, thus leaving Arizona with the NFL Draft, or what they've got in the bag.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.