Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 11:49 am
Patrick Peterson on offense? Cardinals coach won't rule it out
As a rookie, he did so as a punt returner. As a sophomore, it was due to his coverage skills.
Needless to say, he's one of the game's more dynamic players.
As such, new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians will no doubt be tempted to give Peterson more snaps when the team is on offense.
"I wouldn't say it's out of the question," Arians said from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "We have a group of receivers that are pretty dang gone good, and I'm not sure which one of them I want to sit on the bench; they're not going to be real happy."
"The more he can touch the ball; that's why he's going to be the punt returner," he said. "We'll look at that, but if we want to have some fun with it. I've got to see him throw, too. He might be able to get some reverses in if he can throw."
Peterson lining up on offense would not be a completely new site, as he lined up as he has lined up at receiver and running back at times. He's caught four passes for 10 yards in his career and tallied 13 yards on three carries.
He has yet to throw a pass, though ESPN says he had a TQBR of 82.7 last season.
Incidentally, that rating was tops on the team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.