Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 9:25 am
Report: Cardinals offer for Alex Smith 'weak'
But that doesn't stop trade speculation from happening.
Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Cardinals, who are seeking help at quarterback, would express interest in 49ers signal caller Alex Smith.
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports has taken that report one step further Wednesday morning, via Twitter.
The Alex Smith trade is not with Arizona, to be clear again. The Cards offer was weak. 49ers told people its not AZ. KC remains likely team— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) February 27, 2013
No details have surfaced about the Cardinals "weak" offer, but trades between division foes are incredibly rare in the National Football League.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.