Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 9:25 am
Report: Cardinals offer for Alex Smith 'weak'
But that doesn't stop trade speculation from happening.
Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Cardinals, who are seeking help at quarterback, would express interest in 49ers signal caller Alex Smith.
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports has taken that report one step further Wednesday morning, via Twitter.
The Alex Smith trade is not with Arizona, to be clear again. The Cards offer was weak. 49ers told people its not AZ. KC remains likely team— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) February 27, 2013
No details have surfaced about the Cardinals "weak" offer, but trades between division foes are incredibly rare in the National Football League.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up