Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 10:45 am
Report: Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs a done deal
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) February 27, 2013
So that's that.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter is reporting the Chiefs are sending a second-round pick and a conditional mid-round pick to San Francisco for the 28-year-old who was playing well before losing the starting job to backup Colin Kaepernick.
Smith completed 70.2 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2012. He was picked off five times and and had a QB rating of 104.1.
The Cardinals still have Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer under contract, though new head coach Bruce Arians has yet to commit to any of them as his quarterback.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.