Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 9:41 am
Cardinals release LB Stewart Bradley and DB William Gay
The @azcardinals release LB Stewart Bradley and CB William Gay, creating some cap space.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 1, 2013
If my math is right, releasing Stewart Bradley and William Gay saves about $5.25M of cap space. Cards under cap even before any Kolb move.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 1, 2013
This does not necessarily come as a shock, as both players were signed by the previous coaching regime and neither did anything to establish themselves in the desert.
Bradley was never able to gain any traction with the team, seeing most of his action on special teams. He finished his Arizona career with 42 tackles over two seasons.
And Gay, signed prior to the season, tallied 57 tackles and two interceptions.
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.