Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
Report: Cardinals saw impressive performance from Arizona QB Matt Scott
According to Tony Pauline, who is a draft analyst and publisher of Draftinsider.net, the team was in Tucson Thursday for the University of Arizona's pro day and saw an excellent performance from QB Matt Scott.
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona blowing up his pro-day and looking great.Scouts at Arizona pro-day now saying 3rd round a possibility...— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) March 7, 2013
According to CBSSports.com, Scott attempted 85 passes in front of 25 scouts Thursday, and lost the services of number one receiver Dan Buckner, who tweaked his hamstring and did not catch.
Scott started just one full season for the Wildcats -- his senior season -- throwing for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns.
The passer has adequate size for the position and above-average speed, and has been on NFL radars since his strong combine last month.
Whether or not he's a fit for Bruce Arians' offense, though, remains to be seen, as the coach has previously said he's not interested in a dual-threat quarterback.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.