Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
Report: Cardinals saw impressive performance from Arizona QB Matt Scott
According to Tony Pauline, who is a draft analyst and publisher of Draftinsider.net, the team was in Tucson Thursday for the University of Arizona's pro day and saw an excellent performance from QB Matt Scott.
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona blowing up his pro-day and looking great.Scouts at Arizona pro-day now saying 3rd round a possibility...— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) March 7, 2013
According to CBSSports.com, Scott attempted 85 passes in front of 25 scouts Thursday, and lost the services of number one receiver Dan Buckner, who tweaked his hamstring and did not catch.
Scott started just one full season for the Wildcats -- his senior season -- throwing for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns.
The passer has adequate size for the position and above-average speed, and has been on NFL radars since his strong combine last month.
Whether or not he's a fit for Bruce Arians' offense, though, remains to be seen, as the coach has previously said he's not interested in a dual-threat quarterback.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.