Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
Report: Cardinals saw impressive performance from Arizona QB Matt Scott
According to Tony Pauline, who is a draft analyst and publisher of Draftinsider.net, the team was in Tucson Thursday for the University of Arizona's pro day and saw an excellent performance from QB Matt Scott.
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona blowing up his pro-day and looking great.Scouts at Arizona pro-day now saying 3rd round a possibility...— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) March 7, 2013
According to CBSSports.com, Scott attempted 85 passes in front of 25 scouts Thursday, and lost the services of number one receiver Dan Buckner, who tweaked his hamstring and did not catch.
Scott started just one full season for the Wildcats -- his senior season -- throwing for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns.
The passer has adequate size for the position and above-average speed, and has been on NFL radars since his strong combine last month.
Whether or not he's a fit for Bruce Arians' offense, though, remains to be seen, as the coach has previously said he's not interested in a dual-threat quarterback.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.