Report: Arizona Cardinals to go after quarterback, waiting for Carson Palmer?
It's no secret the Arizona Cardinals have a glaring need at the quarterback position and will likely evaluate all avenues in their search for a signal caller this offseason.
According to profootballtalk.com, the Cardinals are expected to target a quarterback in the early stages of free agency.
While it is still unknown who they will go after, the options appear limited at the position.
But, according to the report, the Cardinals could be waiting for Carson Palmer to become available.
Palmer is due $13 million next year and it is believed the Raiders will release him if he doesn't take a pay cut.
Oakland could also opt to restructure Palmer's deal and then trade him to net a draft pick in return, instead of releasing him and getting no compensation.
Palmer threw for 4,018 yards and 22 touchdowns with 14 interceptions last season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.