Report: Arizona Cardinals to go after quarterback, waiting for Carson Palmer?
It's no secret the Arizona Cardinals have a glaring need at the quarterback position and will likely evaluate all avenues in their search for a signal caller this offseason.
According to profootballtalk.com, the Cardinals are expected to target a quarterback in the early stages of free agency.
While it is still unknown who they will go after, the options appear limited at the position.
But, according to the report, the Cardinals could be waiting for Carson Palmer to become available.
Palmer is due $13 million next year and it is believed the Raiders will release him if he doesn't take a pay cut.
Oakland could also opt to restructure Palmer's deal and then trade him to net a draft pick in return, instead of releasing him and getting no compensation.
Palmer threw for 4,018 yards and 22 touchdowns with 14 interceptions last season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.