Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals release Early Doucet, tender offer to Brian Hoyer, extend offers to three others
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released wide receiver Early Doucet, tendered an offer to free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer and extended offers to three exclusive rights free agents, running backs William Powell, Alfonso Smith and defensive end Ronald Talley.
Doucet had 28 receptions for 207 yards in 12 games last season for the Cardinals. In five seasons with the team ranging from 2008-12, the wideout had 139 receptions for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 regular season games.
The Cardinals tendered a one-year qualifying contract offer to Hoyer. But as a restricted free agent, Hoyer can talk with other teams until April 19. Arizona has the right to match any offer or receive a second-round draft pick in return.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.