Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals release Early Doucet, tender offer to Brian Hoyer, extend offers to three others
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released wide receiver Early Doucet, tendered an offer to free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer and extended offers to three exclusive rights free agents, running backs William Powell, Alfonso Smith and defensive end Ronald Talley.
Doucet had 28 receptions for 207 yards in 12 games last season for the Cardinals. In five seasons with the team ranging from 2008-12, the wideout had 139 receptions for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 regular season games.
The Cardinals tendered a one-year qualifying contract offer to Hoyer. But as a restricted free agent, Hoyer can talk with other teams until April 19. Arizona has the right to match any offer or receive a second-round draft pick in return.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.