Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals release Early Doucet, tender offer to Brian Hoyer, extend offers to three others
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released wide receiver Early Doucet, tendered an offer to free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer and extended offers to three exclusive rights free agents, running backs William Powell, Alfonso Smith and defensive end Ronald Talley.
Doucet had 28 receptions for 207 yards in 12 games last season for the Cardinals. In five seasons with the team ranging from 2008-12, the wideout had 139 receptions for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 regular season games.
The Cardinals tendered a one-year qualifying contract offer to Hoyer. But as a restricted free agent, Hoyer can talk with other teams until April 19. Arizona has the right to match any offer or receive a second-round draft pick in return.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.