Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 1:08 pm
Cardinals release RB Beanie Wells
The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday they have released running back Beanie Wells.
The move comes as a bit of a shock but not all that big of a surprise, as Wells had a very rocky four years in the desert.
Just been informed that I'll be released today. Would like to thank the Cardinals organization for give me a chance to live out my Dreams— Beanie Wells (@BeanieWells26) March 11, 2013
Taken with the 31st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, Wells showed promise as a rookie when he rushed for 793 yards and seven touchdowns. After a down 2010, Wells ran for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011, but his production dropped in 2012 in large part due to injuries and ineffectiveness.
He played in just eight games, rushing for 234 yards and five touchdowns.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.