Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 1:08 pm
Cardinals release RB Beanie Wells
The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday they have released running back Beanie Wells.
The move comes as a bit of a shock but not all that big of a surprise, as Wells had a very rocky four years in the desert.
Just been informed that I'll be released today. Would like to thank the Cardinals organization for give me a chance to live out my Dreams— Beanie Wells (@BeanieWells26) March 11, 2013
Taken with the 31st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, Wells showed promise as a rookie when he rushed for 793 yards and seven touchdowns. After a down 2010, Wells ran for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011, but his production dropped in 2012 in large part due to injuries and ineffectiveness.
He played in just eight games, rushing for 234 yards and five touchdowns.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.