Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 1:08 pm
Cardinals release RB Beanie Wells
The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday they have released running back Beanie Wells.
The move comes as a bit of a shock but not all that big of a surprise, as Wells had a very rocky four years in the desert.
Just been informed that I'll be released today. Would like to thank the Cardinals organization for give me a chance to live out my Dreams— Beanie Wells (@BeanieWells26) March 11, 2013
Taken with the 31st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, Wells showed promise as a rookie when he rushed for 793 yards and seven touchdowns. After a down 2010, Wells ran for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011, but his production dropped in 2012 in large part due to injuries and ineffectiveness.
He played in just eight games, rushing for 234 yards and five touchdowns.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!