Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Report: Arizona Cardinals sign safety Rashad Johnson to three-year deal
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the deal is for three years.
The newly-signed safety took to his Twitter account to confirm the report.
Johnson, who was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2009 draft out of Alabama, has played in at least 15 games each of the last three seasons.
In 2011, Johnson set career-highs in starts (9) and tackles (50). This past season, he had only 20 tackles but recorded an interception return for a touchdown in Arizona's Week 15 win over the Detroit Lions.
The move comes three days after the team released 12-year veteran safety Adrian Wilson.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.