Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 11:22 am
Report: Cardinals 'strong favorites' to sign LB Larry Foote
Steelers reached agreement on a multi-year deal with veteran LB Larry Foote.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2013
A few years ago the Arizona Cardinals were interested in signing linebacker Larry Foote.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt felt the linebacker would make a good addition to the team, as the 29-year-old was coming off a season in which he collected 70 tackles and two sacks.
Foote instead chose to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers (his team prior to the Lions), and the Cardinals signed former St. Louis Ram Paris Lenon.
Foot went on to play 47 games, collect 180 tackles and 6.5 sacks -- including totals of 113 tackles and four sacks in 2012. And now the Cardinals, with Lenon gone via free agency, are apparently making another run at Foote.
In LB news - the Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 12, 2013
Now 32, Foote would be a relatively young replacement for Lenon, who is 35. New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is familiar with the linebacker from their time with the Steelers, and the player is coming off his most productive season to date.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.
- Paulie Pigskin Report - Sunday December 1Paul Calvisi catches up with AZ Cardinals LB Jasper Brinkley.