Report: Cardinals 'strong favorites' to sign LB Larry Foote
Steelers reached agreement on a multi-year deal with veteran LB Larry Foote.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2013
A few years ago the Arizona Cardinals were interested in signing linebacker Larry Foote.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt felt the linebacker would make a good addition to the team, as the 29-year-old was coming off a season in which he collected 70 tackles and two sacks.
Foote instead chose to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers (his team prior to the Lions), and the Cardinals signed former St. Louis Ram Paris Lenon.
Foot went on to play 47 games, collect 180 tackles and 6.5 sacks -- including totals of 113 tackles and four sacks in 2012. And now the Cardinals, with Lenon gone via free agency, are apparently making another run at Foote.
In LB news - the Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 12, 2013
Now 32, Foote would be a relatively young replacement for Lenon, who is 35. New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is familiar with the linebacker from their time with the Steelers, and the player is coming off his most productive season to date.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.