Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 11:22 am
Report: Cardinals 'strong favorites' to sign LB Larry Foote
Steelers reached agreement on a multi-year deal with veteran LB Larry Foote.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2013
A few years ago the Arizona Cardinals were interested in signing linebacker Larry Foote.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt felt the linebacker would make a good addition to the team, as the 29-year-old was coming off a season in which he collected 70 tackles and two sacks.
Foote instead chose to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers (his team prior to the Lions), and the Cardinals signed former St. Louis Ram Paris Lenon.
Foot went on to play 47 games, collect 180 tackles and 6.5 sacks -- including totals of 113 tackles and four sacks in 2012. And now the Cardinals, with Lenon gone via free agency, are apparently making another run at Foote.
In LB news - the Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 12, 2013
Now 32, Foote would be a relatively young replacement for Lenon, who is 35. New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is familiar with the linebacker from their time with the Steelers, and the player is coming off his most productive season to date.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.