Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:32 pm
Report: RB Rashard Mendenhall to visit Cardinals
Mendenhall, 25, was drafted 23rd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008 and has had an up-and-down career since then.
Dealing with injuries as well as issues off the field, Mendenahall has shown promise but has yet to put it all together and become a lead back.
In 2009 Mendenhall rushed for 1,108 yards and seven touchdowns, and he followed up that campaign with a 1,273 yard, 13 score performance in 2010.
But he tore his ACL in 2011 and struggled to return in 2012, with his frustrating season culminating with being suspended for a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he refused to show up to the previous week's game, in which he was deactivated.
In all Mendenhall carried the ball just 51 times for 182 yards in 2012, while catching nine passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.
But his best seasons came with Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator, and it would seem the new Cardinals coach is interested in reuniting with his former player in the desert.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.