Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:32 pm
Report: RB Rashard Mendenhall to visit Cardinals
Mendenhall, 25, was drafted 23rd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008 and has had an up-and-down career since then.
Dealing with injuries as well as issues off the field, Mendenahall has shown promise but has yet to put it all together and become a lead back.
In 2009 Mendenhall rushed for 1,108 yards and seven touchdowns, and he followed up that campaign with a 1,273 yard, 13 score performance in 2010.
But he tore his ACL in 2011 and struggled to return in 2012, with his frustrating season culminating with being suspended for a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he refused to show up to the previous week's game, in which he was deactivated.
In all Mendenhall carried the ball just 51 times for 182 yards in 2012, while catching nine passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.
But his best seasons came with Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator, and it would seem the new Cardinals coach is interested in reuniting with his former player in the desert.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?