Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:32 pm
Report: RB Rashard Mendenhall to visit Cardinals
Mendenhall, 25, was drafted 23rd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008 and has had an up-and-down career since then.
Dealing with injuries as well as issues off the field, Mendenahall has shown promise but has yet to put it all together and become a lead back.
In 2009 Mendenhall rushed for 1,108 yards and seven touchdowns, and he followed up that campaign with a 1,273 yard, 13 score performance in 2010.
But he tore his ACL in 2011 and struggled to return in 2012, with his frustrating season culminating with being suspended for a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he refused to show up to the previous week's game, in which he was deactivated.
In all Mendenhall carried the ball just 51 times for 182 yards in 2012, while catching nine passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.
But his best seasons came with Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator, and it would seem the new Cardinals coach is interested in reuniting with his former player in the desert.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.