Arizona Cardinals sign safety Yeremiah Bell
The news was first reported by AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
Bell, 35, is a nine-year veteran who played last season with the New York Jets. He finished third on the team with 103 tackles (83 solo) to go along with three fumble recoveries, one sack and four passes defensed.
"Yeremiah is the kind of guy you love to have on your football team," said Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in a press release. "He's a guy with experience as a starter who has been very productive. He's also been incredibly durable, starting every game but one over the last five years. Team-wise he's exactly the type of player you want in your locker room -- a football junkie who loves the game."
In his career, Bell has combined to make 651 tackles and has picked off six passes to go along with 12 sacks. He made the Pro Bowl in 2009 when he was playing for new Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles in Miami.
Earlier Wednesday the Cardinals released safety Kerry Rhodes.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.