Updated Mar 13, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign safety Yeremiah Bell
The news was first reported by AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
Bell, 35, is a nine-year veteran who played last season with the New York Jets. He finished third on the team with 103 tackles (83 solo) to go along with three fumble recoveries, one sack and four passes defensed.
"Yeremiah is the kind of guy you love to have on your football team," said Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in a press release. "He's a guy with experience as a starter who has been very productive. He's also been incredibly durable, starting every game but one over the last five years. Team-wise he's exactly the type of player you want in your locker room -- a football junkie who loves the game."
In his career, Bell has combined to make 651 tackles and has picked off six passes to go along with 12 sacks. He made the Pro Bowl in 2009 when he was playing for new Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles in Miami.
Earlier Wednesday the Cardinals released safety Kerry Rhodes.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!