Updated Mar 13, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign safety Yeremiah Bell
The news was first reported by AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
Bell, 35, is a nine-year veteran who played last season with the New York Jets. He finished third on the team with 103 tackles (83 solo) to go along with three fumble recoveries, one sack and four passes defensed.
"Yeremiah is the kind of guy you love to have on your football team," said Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in a press release. "He's a guy with experience as a starter who has been very productive. He's also been incredibly durable, starting every game but one over the last five years. Team-wise he's exactly the type of player you want in your locker room -- a football junkie who loves the game."
In his career, Bell has combined to make 651 tackles and has picked off six passes to go along with 12 sacks. He made the Pro Bowl in 2009 when he was playing for new Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles in Miami.
Earlier Wednesday the Cardinals released safety Kerry Rhodes.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.