Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign CB Antoine Cason
Philadelphiaeagles.com writer Adam Caplan is reporting the deal is for $1.5 million that includes $500,000 in incentives, meaning Cason could earn up to $2 million in 2013.
Cason joins Jerraud Powers, who agreed to terms Wednesday, as new cornerbacks on the roster.
Cason, 26, starred at the University of Arizona before becoming a first round pick of the Chargers in 2008.
His entire five-year career has been spent in San Diego, with Cason tallying 308 combined tackles to go along with 12 interceptions.
Most recently, in 2012, Cason was in on 73 tackles, forced two fumbles, picked off two passes and had 11 passes defensed.
In college, as a senior, Carson was named a consensus First-Team All-American won the Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to the best defensive back in the country.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.