Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign CB Antoine Cason
Philadelphiaeagles.com writer Adam Caplan is reporting the deal is for $1.5 million that includes $500,000 in incentives, meaning Cason could earn up to $2 million in 2013.
Cason joins Jerraud Powers, who agreed to terms Wednesday, as new cornerbacks on the roster.
Cason, 26, starred at the University of Arizona before becoming a first round pick of the Chargers in 2008.
His entire five-year career has been spent in San Diego, with Cason tallying 308 combined tackles to go along with 12 interceptions.
Most recently, in 2012, Cason was in on 73 tackles, forced two fumbles, picked off two passes and had 11 passes defensed.
In college, as a senior, Carson was named a consensus First-Team All-American won the Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to the best defensive back in the country.
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.