Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign CB Antoine Cason
Philadelphiaeagles.com writer Adam Caplan is reporting the deal is for $1.5 million that includes $500,000 in incentives, meaning Cason could earn up to $2 million in 2013.
Cason joins Jerraud Powers, who agreed to terms Wednesday, as new cornerbacks on the roster.
Cason, 26, starred at the University of Arizona before becoming a first round pick of the Chargers in 2008.
His entire five-year career has been spent in San Diego, with Cason tallying 308 combined tackles to go along with 12 interceptions.
Most recently, in 2012, Cason was in on 73 tackles, forced two fumbles, picked off two passes and had 11 passes defensed.
In college, as a senior, Carson was named a consensus First-Team All-American won the Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to the best defensive back in the country.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.