Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Cardinals sign DE Matt Shaughnessy
The news was first broken by one of the player's new teammates.
Happy to see we signed my longtime friend and college teammate Matt shaugnessy. Cards making moves #birdgang— O'Brien (@Ob_Scho) March 15, 2013
The deal is for one year.
Shaughnessy, 26, is a four-year pro out of Wisconsin whom the Raiders selected in the third round of the 2009 draft.
Last season, Shaughnessy started all 16 games for the Raiders, compiling 31 total tackles and 3.5 sacks. In his career, the 6-foot-5, 285 pound defensive end has 123 total tackles and 15.5 sacks.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.