Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Cardinals sign DE Matt Shaughnessy
The news was first broken by one of the player's new teammates.
Happy to see we signed my longtime friend and college teammate Matt shaugnessy. Cards making moves #birdgang— O'Brien (@Ob_Scho) March 15, 2013
The deal is for one year.
Shaughnessy, 26, is a four-year pro out of Wisconsin whom the Raiders selected in the third round of the 2009 draft.
Last season, Shaughnessy started all 16 games for the Raiders, compiling 31 total tackles and 3.5 sacks. In his career, the 6-foot-5, 285 pound defensive end has 123 total tackles and 15.5 sacks.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?