Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Cardinals sign DE Matt Shaughnessy
The news was first broken by one of the player's new teammates.
Happy to see we signed my longtime friend and college teammate Matt shaugnessy. Cards making moves #birdgang— O'Brien (@Ob_Scho) March 15, 2013
The deal is for one year.
Shaughnessy, 26, is a four-year pro out of Wisconsin whom the Raiders selected in the third round of the 2009 draft.
Last season, Shaughnessy started all 16 games for the Raiders, compiling 31 total tackles and 3.5 sacks. In his career, the 6-foot-5, 285 pound defensive end has 123 total tackles and 15.5 sacks.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.