Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 9:22 am
Report: Joshua Cribbs fails Cardinals physical
According to a report from Will Burge of ESPN Cleveland, the two-time Pro Bowl kick returner failed his physical during a free agent visit with Arizona.
ESPN Cleveland has learned from multiple sources that the delay in Cribbs signing is because he failed his physical with the Cardinals on Monday. It is unclear at this time what may have been the cause of the failed physical and if this will deter Arizona from signing the nine year NFL veteran.
Cribbs' agent, J.R. Rickert, confirmed the report to USA Today. Cribbs had off-season surgery on his knee and isn't fully recovered according to Rickert, who also believes the Cardinals will administer another physical examination on his client in a few weeks.
There were several reports in the last week that Cribbs was on his way to Arizona to sign a free agent deal with the Cardinals.
Cribbs made national news last week when he posted a farewell to the fans of Cleveland on his Instagram account. Cribbs has spent his entire eight-year career with the Browns.
The Kent State product has 11 kick and punt return touchdowns in his career.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.