Report: Joshua Cribbs fails Cardinals physical
According to a report from Will Burge of ESPN Cleveland, the two-time Pro Bowl kick returner failed his physical during a free agent visit with Arizona.
ESPN Cleveland has learned from multiple sources that the delay in Cribbs signing is because he failed his physical with the Cardinals on Monday. It is unclear at this time what may have been the cause of the failed physical and if this will deter Arizona from signing the nine year NFL veteran.
Cribbs' agent, J.R. Rickert, confirmed the report to USA Today. Cribbs had off-season surgery on his knee and isn't fully recovered according to Rickert, who also believes the Cardinals will administer another physical examination on his client in a few weeks.
There were several reports in the last week that Cribbs was on his way to Arizona to sign a free agent deal with the Cardinals.
Cribbs made national news last week when he posted a farewell to the fans of Cleveland on his Instagram account. Cribbs has spent his entire eight-year career with the Browns.
The Kent State product has 11 kick and punt return touchdowns in his career.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.